The book Unlocking the Law of Evidence is written by Dr.Charanjit Singh. Lawyers understand that litigation is based on evidence; therefore, a thorough understanding of the law is of paramount importance. The rules on admissibility, relevance, and weight will help you realize very quickly that the tactical use of such rules can facilitate success. Many cases are won and lost solely on the basis of a lawyer’s mastery of the evidence, and therefore whether or not and how they use it. The goal of this book is to provide you with a clear and comprehensive discussion of the law and to reinforce your learning with diagrams, summaries, and exercises. Evidence has a habit of presenting problems that often require immediate answers; for example, a witness may say something in his or her statement that is so prejudicial in nature that it would require a new jury to take an oath. This book brings together academic law with its most practical reality. The law is set as of March 1, 2022. This fourth edition has been rewritten, edited, and updated and includes new cases, commentary, and contemporary discussion.
- Clear learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter lay out the skills and knowledge you’ll need to become familiar with the topic.
- Summaries of key facts throughout each chapter allow you to progressively build and solidify your understanding.
- Summaries at the end of chapters provide a helpful checklist for each topic.
- Cases and trials are highlighted to help you quickly find and add them to your notes.
- Frequent activities and self-assessment questions are included so you can put your knowledge into practice.
- Sample essay questions with annotated answers prepare you for the assessment.
The glossary of legal terms clarifies important definitions.
Topics of this Edition
About the Author
Dr. Charanjit Singh is a tenant solicitor at Holborn Chambers. He is Deputy Head of the School and Senior Lecturer in Law at the University of Westminster.
Overview of Unlocking the Law of Evidence
Unlocking the Law of Evidence will help you understand the main concepts of the topic with ease. With accessible explanations in clear and precise terms that are easy to understand, it provides an excellent foundation for learning and reviewing the evidence.
This edition has been updated to include the latest updates in criminal and civil case law and procedure, as well as more practical guidance and practical advice to further help put knowledge into practice.
The books in the UNLOCKING THE LAW series get right to the point, offering clear and concise coverage of the law, divided into short sections with regular summaries to boost your confidence. They provide comprehensive coverage of the core and popular optional law modules, presented in an innovative visual format.
|Book Name||Unlocking the Law of Evidence|
|Author of Book||Dr.Charanjit Singh|