The book The Royal Marsden Manual of Cancer Nursing Procedures is written by Sara Lister, Lisa Dougherty, and Louise McNamara. The Royal Marsden is the world’s first hospital dedicated to cancer diagnosis, treatment, research, and education: a center of excellence with an international reputation for innovative research and pioneering the latest in cancer treatments and technologies, as well as specializing in the diagnosis of cancer. and education.
This companion volume to The Royal Marsden’s internationally successful Clinical Nursing Procedures Manual is designed to assist practitioners working specifically with cancer patients by providing detailed evidence-based rationale and procedures, and guidance for problem resolution. issues in all aspects of oncology nursing.
The Royal Marsden Cancer Nursing Procedures Manual:
- It is organized and structured to represent the needs of the patient throughout their care pathway.
- Provides the latest evidence supporting all procedures.
- Includes information on hematology procedures; pain assessment and management; wound care; oncology emergencies; and end-of-life care
- Provides detailed guidelines on how to help patients living with cancer with practical information on things like benefits, exercise, and nutrition.
- The Royal Marsden Cancer Nursing Procedures Manual is an invaluable and definitive resource for all those involved in providing cancer care and support to patients and their families.
Overview of The Royal Marsden Manual of Cancer Nursing Procedures
This is the first edition of the Royal Marsden Manual of Clinical Cancer Nursing Procedures and brings together the specific procedures that are applicable in the care of the individual with cancer from diagnosis to living with and beyond cancer or death. The Manual is informed by the day-to-day practice of caring for cancer patients in the hospital; however, it does not cover aspects of acute nursing practice that are included in the Royal Marsden Manual of Nursing Procedures, 9th Edition. At the core of nursing, wherever it takes place, is a commitment to caring for people and keeping them safe, so that when and where procedures are used, they are carried out within the framework of the Nursing and Midwifery Code.
|Book Name||The Royal Marsden Manual of Cancer Nursing Procedures|
|Author of Book||Sara Lister, Lisa Dougherty, Louise McNamara|