The book Ross Wilson’s Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness are written by Anne Waugh, and Allison Grant. Ross & Wilson has been a staple text for students of anatomy and physiology for nearly 60 years. This latest edition has been written to meet the needs of allied health professionals, including nurses and nursing students, allied health professions, and complementary therapies, many of whom have found previous editions invaluable. It retains the successful and straightforward approach of describing body systems and how they work. The anatomy and physiology of health are supplemented by sections that describe common age-related changes in structure and function, before considering the pathology and pathophysiology of some major disorders and diseases.
The human body is presented system by system. The reader must, however, remember that physiology is an integrated subject, and although the systems are considered in separate chapters, they all work cooperatively to maintain health. The first three chapters provide an overview of the body and describe its main structures and fundamental processes.
- The latest edition of the world’s most popular textbook on basic human anatomy and physiology with over 1.5 million copies sold worldwide.
- The clear, no-nonsense writing style helps make learning easy.
- The accompanying website contains animations, an audio glossary, case studies, and other self-assessment material, the exclusive Body Spectrum© online self-assessment and coloring software, and helpful web links.
Includes basic pathology and pathophysiology of major diseases and disorders.
- It contains helpful learning features such as learning outcome boxes, color coding, and design icons, along with an impressive collection of illustrations and photos.
- Contains clear explanations of common prefixes, suffixes, and roots, with helpful examples from the text, plus a glossary and an appendix of normal biological values.
- Particularly valuable for students who are completely new to the subject, or who are returning to study after a period of absence, and for anyone whose first language is not English.
Topics of this Edition
About the Author
Former Senior Lecturer and Senior Lecturer, School of Health and Social Care, Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh, UK
affiliations and experience
School of Continuing and Intensive Care Nursing, Napier University, Edinburgh, UK
Allison Grant is a Lecturer in the Department of Health and Life Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK.
affiliations and experience
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
Overview of Ross Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness
The new edition of the hugely successful Ross and Wilson Anatomy & Physiology in Health and Illness continues to provide its readers with the essentials of human biology presented in a clear and straightforward manner. Completely updated, the book now comes with enhanced learning features including helpful review questions and a brand-new art program to help make learning even easier. The 13th Edition retains its popular website, which contains a wide range of “critical thinking” exercises, as well as new animations, an audio glossary, the exclusive Body Spectrum© online self-assessment and coloring program, and helpful web links. . Ross and Wilson Anatomy & Physiology in Health and Illness will be particularly helpful to readers new to the subject area, those returning to study after a period of absence, and anyone whose first language is not English.
|Book Name||Ross Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness|
|Author of Book||Anne Waugh, Allison Grant|