The book Pharmacy Student Survival Guide is written by Ruth Nemire, and Karen Kier. This manual is one of the few texts that you will use throughout your pharmacy school education. So grab a pen or pencil and start making notes in the margins, keep track of the “pearls” you learn in class here in a book where you can find them later. There is no one right way to use this manual. The important thing is that it doesn’t sit on your shelf like a required text, never to be opened. You bought the book; take the time to see what information is contained within. Think of it as your roadmap for practicing courses; calculations, kinetics, drug information, medical terminology, and lab data book all in one.
Teachers/preceptors often find themselves looking for material that will quickly familiarize students with a given theory, process, or practice. We hope that this text meets those expectations. This text can be used both in the classroom to introduce ideas and during practice courses to help guide students in learning terminology, organizing case information, improving problem-solving skills, and rounding The book is divided into three working sections: systems and expectations, a toolbox, and pharmacy practice topics.
- Systems and expectations cover ethics, communication, drug therapy monitoring, and regulatory agencies.
- Patient care toolbox covering medical terminology, pharmacokinetics, laboratory data, and physical evaluation.
- Topics in pharmacy practice cover drug information and drug literature evaluation, community/ambulatory care, institutional pharmacy practice, public health, and reducing health disparities through national and global reach to the underprivileged.
- Valuable for both introductory and advanced practice courses, the Pharmacy Student Survival Guide is a book you’ll turn to throughout your pharmacy education.
Topics of this Edition
- Section 1 Systems and Expectations
- Section 2 Patient Care Tool Box
- Section 3 Topics in Pharmacy Practice
Overview of Pharmacy Student Survival Guide
The Pharmacy Student Survival Guide is a unique roadmap to excel in pharmacy practice courses. A combination of calculations, kinetics, drug information, medical terminology, and lab data book all in one, the Guide helps you organize case information, improve problem-solving skills, learn terminology, and impress professors. during rounds.
|Book Name||Pharmacy Student Survival Guide|
|Author of Book||Ruth Nemire, Karen Kier|