Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians 2nd Edition: This book is written by Kathy Moscou, and Karen Snipe. You can download it freely in pdf format. Comprehensive yet accessible, PHARMACOLOGY FOR PHARMACY TECHNICIANS provides the right type and level of pharmacology information you need for successful practice. With coverage of the structure of body systems, as well as patient scenarios, anatomy and physiology reviews, medication monographs with pill photos, and much more, this book presents an often challenging topic in a practical way to make it easy. The learning.
Organized to provide an in-depth review of the ASHP content requirements for pharmacology, anatomy, and physiology, Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians, 2nd Edition is comprehensive, yet accessible. It offers comprehensive coverage of the structure of body systems to correspond to the way pharmacology is taught in most programs, as well as patient scenarios, anatomy and physiology reviews, medication monographs with pill photos, and a series of learning aids.
|Book Name||Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians 2nd Edition|
|Author of Book||Kathy Moscou, and Karen Snipe|
Overview of Pharmacology for Pharmacy Technicians 2nd Edition Pdf Free
According to Kathy Moscou, and Karen Snipe, new in this edition are:
- Up-to-date drug information ensures you are familiar with the latest drug approvals and therapeutic considerations.
- Additional learning resources on the Evolve companion website include:
o Certification practice exam to better prepare you for the PTCB or ExCPT exam.
o More drills and retrieval games to help you retain complex information.
- Anatomy and physiology overviews at the beginning of each body system unit provide a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology to help you understand how medications work in the body.
- Drug mini-monographs in each body system and drug classification chapter contain valuable drug information and pill photos for quick reference.
- Medication summary tables with generic/brand name, usual dose and dosing schedule, and warning labels provide quick access to information on specific medications.
- Useful technical notes enhance your understanding of the practical knowledge required in the pharmaceutical environment and help you relate new concepts to practical use.
- Technical Alerts provide important reminders and warnings to help you learn to identify and avoid common pharmacy errors.
- Technician’s Corner critical thinking exercises prepare you for on-the-job situations by giving you a set of facts and asking you to come to a conclusion.
Topics of this Edition
Unit 1: Introduction to Pharmacology
- Fundamentals of Pharmacology
- Principles of Pharmacology
- Drug Interactions and Medication Errors
Unit 2: Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System and Central Nervous System
Introduction to the Nervous System
- Treatment of Anxiety
- Treatment of Depression
- Treatment of Schizophrenia and Other Psychoses
- Treatment of Parkinson’s Disease and Huntington’s Disease
- Treatment of Seizure Disorders
- Treatment of Pain
- Treatment of Migraine Headache and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Treatment of Sleep Disorders and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Unit 3: Drugs Affecting the Musculoskeletal System
Introduction to the Musculoskeletal System
- Neuromuscular Blockade
- Treatment of Muscle Spasms
- Treatment of Autoimmune Diseases That Affect the Musculoskeletal System
- Treatment of Osteoporosis and Paget’s Disease of the Bone
- Treatment of Hyperuricemia and Gout
Unit 4: Treatment of Diseases of the Ophthalmic and Otic Systems
Introduction to the Ophthalmic and Otic Systems
- Treatment of Glaucoma and Other Disorders of the Eye
- Treatment of Vertigo and Other Disorders of the Ear
- Treatment of Ophthalmic and Otic Infections
Unit 5: Drugs Affecting the Cardiovascular System
Introduction to the Cardiovascular System and Haematological System
- Treatment of Angina
- Treatment of Hypertension
- Treatment of Heart Failure
- Treatment of Myocardial Infarction and Stroke
- Treatment of Arrhythmia
Unit 6: Drugs Affecting the Gastrointestinal System
Introduction to the Gastrointestinal (Digestive) System
- Treatment of Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux and Peptic Ulcer
- Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease
Unit 7: Drugs Affecting the Respiratory System
Introduction to the Respiratory System
- Treatment of Asthma and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Treatment of Allergies
Unit 8: Drugs Affecting the Urinary System
Introduction to the Urinary System
- Treatment of Prostate Disease and Erectile
- Treatment of Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders
Unit 9: Drugs Affecting the Endocrine System
Introduction to the Endocrine System
- Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
- Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus
- Drugs That Affect the Reproductive System
Unit 10: Drugs Affecting the Immunological System
Introduction to the Lymphatic and Immune System
- Treatment of Bacterial Infection
- Treatment of Viral Infections
- Treatment of Cancers
- Vaccines and Immunosuppressant’s
Unit 11: Drugs Affecting the Integumentary System
Introduction to the Integumentary System (Skin & Its Appendages)
- Treatment of Fungal Infections
- Treatment of Decubitus Ulcers and Burns
- Treatment of Acne
- Treatment of Eczema
- Treatment of Lice and Scabies
About the AuthorDr. Kathy Moscou has a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences and Global Health from the University of Toronto, a Master’s in Public Health/International Health, and a Bachelor of Pharmacy from the University of Washington. She is a licensed pharmacist in Ontario, Canada and the state of Washington. Her research in pharmacogovernance investigates the relationship between global institutions, state actors, and national health policy for post-market drug safety (pharmacovigilance). Her research also focuses on comparative health policy and governance models that address equity in drug safety and foster healthy communities. Dr. Moscou has nearly 40 years of experience as a pharmacist and more than 10 years of experience teaching pharmacology and specifically pharmacy technician students; she is an adjunct professor at Brock University School of Health Sciences in Ontario. Also a talented artist, she recently joined the faculty of the Ontario University of Art and Design (OCAD U) as an assistant professor.
Karen Snipe, CPhT, MA Ed, is the Student Liaison for the Division of Health Sciences at Trident Technical College in Charleston, South Carolina, where she served as an instructor and director of the Pharmacy Technician program for more than 20 years. . Ms. Snipe worked in institutional pharmacy practice for a decade before earning a master’s degree in health education. She has been an active member of the Pharmacy Technician Educators Council (PTEC) for the past two decades and a member of the Pharmacy Technician Accreditation Commission (PTAC).
The password of file: webofinfo.com
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.
Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software/pdf. We are not hosting any copyrighted content on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that are already found on the internet. Webofinfo.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Check out our DMCA Policy.
If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. Email us at [email protected]