This book Pharmacology and the Nursing Process is written by Linda Lane Lilley, Shelly Rainforth Collins, Julie S. Snyder. Now in its seventh edition, Pharmacology and the Nursing Process provides the most current and clinically relevant nursing pharmacology content in a visually appealing, understandable, and practical format. Pharmacology and the Nursing Process’s accessible size, clear writing style, and full-color layout are ideal for today’s busy nursing students. The book not only presents medication information that the nursing student needs to know, but also provides information on what the professional nurse may encounter during medication administration in a variety of health care settings, including medication error accounts from real life and tips to avoid those mistakes.
This book includes 58 chapters presented in 10 parts, organized by body system. The 9 “concepts” chapters in Part 1 lay a solid foundation for the following drug units and address the following topics:
• The nursing process and pharmacotherapy
• Pharmacological principles
• Shelf life considerations related to pharmacology
• Cultural, legal and ethical considerations
• Prevention and response to medication errors
• Patient education and pharmacological treatment
• Over-the-counter drugs and herbal and dietary supplements
• Gene therapy and pharmacogenomics
• Medication administration techniques, including more than 100 drawings and photographs.
|Book Name||Pharmacology and the Nursing Process|
|Author of Book||Linda Lane Lilley, Shelly Rainforth Collins, Julie S. Snyder|
Overview of Pharmacology and the Nursing Process
With its colorful and easy-to-use format, Pharmacology and the Nursing Process, Seventh Edition gives students all the pharmacology information they need—and no more than they need—to administer medications safely and effectively. Greater emphasis on the nursing process and prioritization approaches over the most essential assessments, nursing diagnoses, interventions, and assessments. Fully up-to-date drug information is clear and concise, highlights the most commonly used drugs, and includes a unique focus on safety-oriented QSEN competencies. Hundreds of full-color illustrations show how medications work in the body and depict the key steps in medication administration. Written by expert pharmacology physicians and educators, this bestselling textbook employs innovative, practical learning aids to help your students prepare for success on the NCLEX.
- Focus on the content you need to know uses a simplified approach to drug indications and emphasizes only the most common or serious adverse effects rather than all reported adverse effects, and lists them in order of the most commonly seen.
- Focusing on prioritization includes prioritized nursing diagnoses along with corresponding prioritization of goals and outcomes, helping you connect nursing diagnoses to goals and outcomes.
- UNIQUE! The QSEN Approach highlights those aspects of the book that correlate with the QSEN Competencies for Patient Safety and Quality Nursing Care.
- The clear and direct writing style promotes the learning of pharmacology content.
- NEW Drugs and NEW Treatment Guidelines help ensure your clinical practice is consistent with the latest evidence-based guidelines, including the latest FDA drug approvals, drug recalls, therapeutic uses, and warnings/cautions.
- NEW and UPDATED illustrations clarify medication administration and pharmacology processes for easy understanding.
- Student resources on a companion Evolve website include new case studies in development and additional opportunities for active learning.
Topics of this Edition
About the Author
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.
Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software/pdf. We are not hosting any copyrighted content on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that are already found on the internet. Webofinfo.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Check out our DMCA Policy.
If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. Email us at [email protected]