If you’re preparing for any version of the TOEFL, you’re not alone. Nearly a million people around the world took the TOEFL last year. A high score on this test is an essential step in gaining admission to undergraduate or graduate programs at almost all colleges and universities in North America. But preparing for this test can be a difficult and often frustrating experience. Peterson’s Master TOEFL Vocabulary Pdf Free will help you to prepare for your TOEFL Exams more efficiently.
Peterson’s Master TOEFL Vocabulary, used as a self-tutor, will help you improve your vocabulary skills. He will learn many of the “correct” words, words that he doesn’t know yet but that will probably show up on his test.
Top 10 Strategies to Increase His Score gives you test-taking strategies.
Part I provides the basics of TOEFL vocabulary, including strategies for learning and remembering new words.
Part II provides a diagnostic test to determine your strengths and weaknesses.
Part III provides review of basic vocabulary. The words he will find begin with those that are relatively simple. They get relatively difficult as you progress through the book. Various learning strategies are reviewed, such as root word learning.
Part IV consists of two additional vocabulary practice tests. They will show you how well you have mastered the vocabulary skills presented in this book.
|Book Name||Petersons Master TOEFL Vocabulary Pdf Free Download|
|Author of Book||Peterson|
Overview of Peterson’s Master TOEFL Vocabulary
Following are the features of Master TOEFL Vocabulary
1. As with other sections of the TOEFL, familiarize yourself with the instructions and examples so you can get started right away.
2. For each passage, begin by briefly reviewing the questions (but not the answer options). Try to keep these questions in mind as you read.
3. Scan passages to find and highlight important facts and information.
4. Read each passage at a comfortable speed.
5. Answer the questions, referring to the passage when necessary.
6. Eliminate answers that are clearly incorrect or do not answer the question. If there is more than one option left, guess.
7. Bookmark difficult or time-consuming answers so you can come back to them later if you have time.
8. Time is an important factor. Do not spend more than 10 minutes on a single reading and the questions about it.
9. Concentration is another important factor. The reading section is one of the longest sections of the test. Your practice and hard work will help you.
10. Relax the night before the exam. proves. PBT does not test talk.
You May also read
Topics of this EditionBefore You Begin vii
How This Book Is Organized vii
Special Study Features . . vii
You’re Well on Your Way to Success viii
Give Us Your Feedback . viii
Top 10 Strategies to Raise Your Score ix
PART I: TOEFL VOCABULARY BASICS
Vocabulary on the TOEFL 3
Strategies for Learning and Remembering New Words . 3
Summing It Up 18
PART II: DIAGNOSING STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
Answer Key and Explanations . . 25
PART III: TOEFL VOCABULARY REVIEW
Strategies for Defining Words from Context 29
Exercises . . 50
Answer Key 57
Summing It Up 59
Strategies for Learning Related Words . 61
How Thoughts Are Related . . 61
Exercises . . 86
Answer Key 90
Summing It Up 91
Word Roots 93
Strategies for Learning Roots . . 93
How Roots Work . . 94
Strategies for Learning Prefixes. 117
How Prefixes Work 118
Learning Words with Greek Prefixes 121
Learning Words with Latin Prefixes 127
Prefixes for Numbers 133
Anglo-Saxon Prefixes 133
Answer Key 140
Summing It Up. 142
7 All About Suffixes 143
Strategies for Learning Suffixes. 143
How Suffixes Work 144
Suffixes That Describe State of Being. 148
Suffixes That Indicate Occupations. 150
Suffixes That Show Resemblance 152
Suffixes That Show Amount. 155
Twelve Useful Suffixes. 155
Answer Key 164
Summing It Up. 166
PART IV: TWO PRACTICE TESTS
Practice Test 2 171
Answer Key and Explanations. 176
Practice Test 3 181
Answer Key and Explanations. 186
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you buy from my given links