TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. The TOEFL iBT measures the ability to use and understand English at the university level. It also assesses listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills used to complete academic tasks. Speaking and Writing Strategies TOEFL iBT PDF Free Book presented by Bruce Stirling and you can download it free in pdf format.
Preparing for the TOEFL test? Why not study with the only guide on the market that contains real TOEFL questions from recent exams? The Official TOEFL iBT Test Guide is the most comprehensive and trusted test guide used to meet English language proficiency requirements at more than 10,000 institutions worldwide. This updated sixth edition includes actual TOEFL practice questions, as well as explanations of each section of the test and information about what is expected of each oral and written task.
|Book Name||Speaking and Writing Strategies for the TOEFL iBT|
|Author of Book||Bruce Stirling|
|Category||TOEFL Exams Material|
Overview of Speaking and Writing Strategies for the TOEFL iBTThe TOEFL iBT consists of four test sections: Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing. Because the reading and listening questions are multiple-choice questions, they are called selective tasks. In contrast, the speaking and writing tasks are called constructive tasks. For TOEFL, build means develop and deliver. What do you have to develop and deliver on the day of the exam? Six verbal arguments and two written ones. Why does ETS use test scores to assess your ability to speak and write academic English? Because at an English-speaking university, you will build arguments of personal opinion, verbally and in writing (independent speaking tasks #1 and #2; independent writing task). You will also listen to and summarize lectures. Lectures are fact-based arguments (integrated writing task; integrated speaking task #4 and #6). You will also read and summarize fact-based arguments (Integrated Writing Task; Integrated Speaking Task #4 & #6). As you can see, ETS uses test scores to assess your ability to speak and write English academically. Therefore, to earn high TOEFL iBT speaking and writing scores, you need to know how to construct and summarize both factual and personal opinion arguments quickly and competently. You can do this using the strategy called argument mapping. Argument mapping begins with a review of basic argument development.
1. The TOEFL iBT is a test of English language proficiency. TOEFL assesses academic English language proficiency. For TOEFL, academic English means the first year of university-level English.
2. TOEFL stands for “Test of English as a Foreign Language.” and iBT stands for “Internet-Based Testing”. Internet-based means that the test computers are connected to the Internet. Your responses will be submitted online for scoring by ETS.
3. The TOEFL iBT is designed and implemented by Educational Testing Services (ETS) in Princeton, New Jersey, USA.
4. You cannot pass or fail the TOEFL test. You will get a total score of 120 points. Your score measures your command of the English language. The higher your score, the greater your command of the English language.
5. Before taking the TOEFL test, find out the TOEFL requirements of the school to which you are applying. Some US colleges and universities do not require a TOEFL score.
You May also read
Topics of this EditionDeveloping an Argument
Speaking Task One
Speaking Task Two
Speaking Task Three
Speaking Task Four
Speaking Task Five
Speaking Task Six
Independent Essay Rating
Speaking Task Ratings
About the Authorstart here
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you buy from my given links
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.
Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software/pdf. We are not hosting any copyrighted content on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that are already found on the internet. Webofinfo.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Check out our DMCA Policy.
If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. Email us at [email protected]