The book Mosby’s Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills and Procedures is written by Anne Griffin Perry and Patricia A. Potter. Mosby’s Pocket Guide to Nursing Techniques and Procedures, Eighth Edition, is a handy, portable reference for students and professionals in the clinical setting. Grouped alphabetically, the 85 commonly performed skills are presented in a clear step-by-step format that includes:
■ Purpose for performing each skill
■ Guidelines to help students delegate tasks to support staff
■ List of required equipment
■ Reasons for why specific techniques are used
■ Full-color photos and drawings to provide visual reinforcement
Additionally, safety alerts are included in the skills to highlight important information regarding patient safety and effective performance. The current standard precautions guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are incorporated throughout the document. Pre- and post-procedure protocols are conveniently located on the inside back cover.
- Safety alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective skill performance.
- Unexpected results and related interventions help you troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate action to address them.
- Special considerations address teaching, the home care environment, and care modifications for pediatric and geriatric patients.
- The clear two-column format shows how to perform the skills, with rationales for each step that explain the rationale behind the practice and the benefit to patients.
- A Gloving logo identifies procedures where clean gloves should be worn or gloves changed to minimize the risk of infection.
- Documentation guidelines include a bulleted list of what should be reported and recorded in patient records.
- The alphabetical organization of skills makes it easy to find information quickly, and each skill starts on a new page.
- Handy pocket size and spiral binding allow the book to fit easily into your coat pocket and stay open at the page you want.
- UNIQUE! Updated content is based on the most recent edition of Perry & Potter’s Clinical Nursing Skills and Techniques, the best-selling nursing skills text.
- NEW! Additional nursing skills include instructions for blood glucose testing and applying a pressure bandage, both important skills in current practice.
Topics of this Edition
Overview of Mosby’s Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills and Procedures
Take this reference to clinics or at work for quick access to nursing skills! Based on Perry & Potter’s market-leading guide to clinical nursing skills and procedures, Mosby’s 8th Edition Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills and Procedures presents 85 key skills in a convenient A-to-Nursing format. the Z spiral bound. Step-by-step instructions include full-color photos and explanations explaining why and how to use specific techniques. This edition adds coverage for two new abilities. Featuring the latest in evidence-based practice, this guide helps you perform basic nursing skills safely and effectively. Also available as an eBook for use on portable devices!
|Book Name||Mosby’s Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills and Procedures|
|Author of Book||Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia A. Potter|