The book Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing Care is written by Frances Donovan Monahan, Marianne Neighbors, and Carol Green. The Swearingen Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing: A Care Planning Resource is a comprehensive, clinically focused reference designed to enable nursing staff and students alike to plan and assess the care of the adult medical-surgical patient. The manual provides a focused review of pathophysiology, physical assessment, diagnostic testing, collaborative management, expanded foundation nursing interventions, patient and family education, and discharge planning. The order of presentation of the information in each health alteration provides a hierarchy of data that allows the nurse to plan specific interventions for each patient.
Nursing staff and students can use this reference to quickly access clinical information previously found only in medical-surgical textbooks or lengthy manuals. It is the first reference of its size to have interventions for more than 125 health disorders. Consistent, user-friendly formatting is incorporated to enhance the quick reference capability of this book.
- A durable, water-resistant cover extends the life of the book.
- Comprehensive updates bring you the latest evidence-based practice content and clinical developments, including the latest Joint Commission standards, latest screening recommendations, revised treatment guidelines, new medications, and laboratory tests.
- The new section on Burns covers the care of burns in the medical-surgical field.
- The new Immune Disorders unit analyzes transfusion reactions, hypersensitivity and AIDS.
- The new Cancer Care unit updates and expands the coverage of lung cancer, nervous system tumors, malignant gastrointestinal tumors, neoplastic diseases of the hematopoietic system, head and neck cancers, breast cancer and gastrointestinal cancer.
- An emphasis on patient safety addresses preventable patient safety problems.
Topics of this Edition
Overview of Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing Care
Known for its clinically focused and reliable content, the Swearingen Medical-Surgical Nursing Manual provides a quick reference to 125 of the most common medical-surgical conditions. Expert authors Fran Monahan, RN, PhD, ANEF, Marianne Neighbors, EdD, RN, and Carol Green, PhD, RN, CNE make it easy to find and use the information you need to deliver optimal patient care. Unique to this manual, outcome criteria include specific and measurable timelines to help set realistic treatment goals and assess the effectiveness of care. For students, it is an ideal resource for clinical and care planning; for professionals, it is a great clinical reference!
|Book Name||Manual of Medical-Surgical Nursing Care|
|Author of Book||Frances Donovan Monahan, Marianne Neighbors, Carol Green|