The book Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing is written by Mariann M. Harding, Jeffrey Kwong, Dottie Roberts, Debra Hagler, and Courtney Reinisch. The eleventh edition of Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessing and Managing Clinical Problems incorporates the most up-to-date medical-surgical nursing information in an easy-to-use format. This textbook is a comprehensive resource containing the essential information students need to prepare for class, exams, clinical assignments, and safe and comprehensive patient care.
The text and accompanying resources include many features to help students learn key medical-surgical nursing content, including patient and caregiver education, gerontology, interprofessional care, cultural and ethnic considerations, patient safety, genetics, nutrition and pharmacotherapy, evidence-based practice, and much more.
- The Genetics in Clinical Practice boxes covers key topics such as genetic testing, Alzheimer’s disease, sickle cell disease, and ethical issues related to genetics.
- Genetic risk alerts and genetic link headers highlight specific genetic issues related to body system tests and disorders.
- The Ethical/Legal Dilemmas boxes promote critical thinking for timely and sensitive ethical and legal questions.
Pathophysiology map flowcharts make it easy for you to visualize and understand the changes that occur in major diseases.
- Focused Assessment Charts reflect a realistic “assessment as you go” approach and offer brief checklists for assessing the status of previously identified health problems and monitoring for signs of new problems.
Topics of this Edition
- Section One. Concepts in Nursing Practice
- Section Two. Problems Related to Comfort and Coping
- Section Three. Problems Related to Homeostasis and Protection
- Section Four. Perioperative Care
- Section Five. Problems Related to Altered Sensory Input
- Section Six. Problems of Oxygenation: Ventilation
- Section Seven. Problems of Oxygenation: Transport
- Section Eight. Problems of Oxygenation: Perfusion
- Section Nine. Problems of Ingestion, Digestion, Absorption, and Elimination
- Section Ten. Problems of Urinary Function
- Section Eleven. Problems Related to Regulatory and Reproductive Mechanisms
- Section Twelve. Problems Related to Movement and Coordination
- Section Thirteen. Care in Specialized Settings
About the Author
Mariann Harding is a Professor of Nursing at Kent State University Tuscarawas, New Philadelphia, Ohio, where she has been on the faculty since 2005. She received her Bachelor of Nursing from Mt. Carmel School of Nursing in Columbus, Ohio; her Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio; her Master of Science in Nursing as an adult nurse from The Catholic University of America in Washington, DC; and her doctorate in nursing from West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia.
Overview of Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing
Gain a unique conceptual approach to nursing care in this rapidly changing healthcare environment. Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing, 11th Edition gives you a solid foundation in medical-surgical nursing. This completely revised text includes a more colloquial writing style, an increased focus on nursing concepts and clinical trends, strong evidence-based content, and a review of essential pathophysiology. The content covers all aspects of nursing care, including health promotion, acute intervention, and ambulatory care. Helpful charts and tables make it easy to find essential information, and a building block approach makes even the most complex concepts easy to understand. Key topics such as interprofessional care, delegation, security, and prioritization are integrated throughout. In addition, extensive drug therapy information and diagnostic study charts give you a complete picture of care. Best of all: A comprehensive collection of learning and study resources helps you learn more effectively and offers valuable real-world preparation for clinical practice.
|Book Name||Lewis’s Medical-Surgical Nursing|
|Author of Book||Mariann M. Harding, Jeffrey Kwong, Dottie Roberts, Debra Hagler, Courtney Reinisch|