The book Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology is written by Ian Peate and Muralitharan Nair. We were delighted when we were asked to write a second edition of Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing Students. The first edition has been a very popular choice not only among nursing students but also among students of other health professions and this has been reflected in the title of this second edition. The second edition of Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing and Health Care Students retains all the attributes of the popular first edition, as well as a wide range of new features in this book and also through companion websites.
Everyone who contributes to the text is dedicated to providing high-quality, safe, and effective care. All authors are experienced academics working in higher education, with many years of clinical experience, knowledge and skills, teaching a variety of multidisciplinary student groups at various academic levels. We are confident that once you have gained a solid understanding of anatomy and physiology, you will be able to better understand the needs of the people you are privileged to care for. High-quality, safe, and effective care for all is something we should all strive to provide; however, this will be challenging if we do not fully appreciate the person holistically. Those who provide care must take into consideration the anatomical and physiological elements, but they must also consider the psychosocial aspects of the person and their family, attending to the needs of the whole being, of the whole person. This text has been written in such a way as to promote learning and understanding. We hope you enjoy reading it and, more importantly, that you are hungry to learn more, and tempted to dig deeper as you grow into a world-class, safe, and effective healthcare provider.
- Clinical considerations and scenarios show how the material can be applied to daily practice.
- With over 300 gorgeous full-color illustrations.
- Now includes a boxed feature on medication management; providing information on a variety of drugs used in the care and management of people that are related to the body system of the chapter.
- The “Conditions” feature within each chapter provides you with a list of disorders associated with the topics covered, helping to connect theory with practice.
- Each chapter includes learning outcomes, tests of your knowledge, scenarios, activities, and summaries.
- It includes a list of prefixes and suffixes, as well as normal values and a glossary of terms.
- Backed by online resources enhanced with great extras for teachers and students alike, including a picture bank, an online glossary, flashcards, interactive multiple-choice questions, sample patient notes, and more.
Topics of this Edition
About the Author
Ian Peate is Editor-in-Chief of the British Journal of Nursing and Director of the Gibraltar School of Health Studies.
Muralitharan Nair is a freelance nursing consultant who recently retired as a full-time Lecturer in Nursing at the University of Hertfordshire.
Overview of Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology
Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology for Nursing and Health Care Students is a succinct but comprehensive overview of the structure and function of the human body, with clinical applications throughout. Designed specifically for nursing and healthcare students, the new edition of this best-selling textbook provides an easy-to-use, straightforward, non-technical introduction to the subject.
|Book Name||Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology|
|Author of Book||Ian Peate, Muralitharan Nair|