Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology, Third Edition: James Swarbrick wrote this book. You can download it freely in pdf format. The introductory paragraph of the preface to the first and second editions of this encyclopedia, published in 1988 and 2002, respectively, points out that pharmaceutical science and technology have made tremendous progress in recent years, and that significant advances in therapeutics and understanding of the need to optimize drug delivery in the body have generated an increased awareness of the valuable role that the dosage form plays in therapy. In turn, this has resulted in greater sophistication and level of expertise in the design, development, manufacturing, testing, and regulation of medicines and dosage forms.
This statement is as true today as it was in 1988 and 2002, and perhaps more so, given the increasing emphasis on the discovery, development, and use of large molecular entities as diagnostic and therapeutic agents. The pace at which these advances are being made is reflected in the fact that, after only four years, it has been deemed necessary to publish this third edition of the Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology. As with the second edition, the third edition is available in print and online.
|Book Name||Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology|
|Author of Book||James Swarbrick|
Overview of Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology, Third Edition Pdf FreeAccording to James Swarbrick, the third edition continues to focus on the discovery, development, design, manufacturing, testing, regulation, and commercialization of drugs and dosage forms. Areas of emphasis include pharmaceuticals, pharmacokinetics, analytical chemistry, quality assurance, drug safety, and manufacturing processes. More traditional and newer technologies and processes are included, with a greater emphasis on biotechnology and large molecule development. Current trends related to solid-state aspects of pharmacological entities are also included, again reflecting the advances made in this area.
Topics of this Edition
- Statistical Methods
- Statistical Process Control and Process Capability
- Sterilization: Dry Heat
- Sterilization: Ethylene Oxide
- Sterilization: Moist Heat
- Sterilization: Radiation
- Super Disintegrants: Characterization and Function
- Supercritical Fluid Technology in Pharmaceutical Research
- Surfactants in Pharmaceutical Products and Systems
- Tablet Compression: Machine Theory, Design, and Process Troubleshooting
- Tablet Evaluation Using Near-Infrared Spectroscopy
- Tablet Formulation
- Tablet Manufacture
- Tablet Manufacture by Direct Compression
- Tablet Press Instrumentation
- Tablet Testing
- Technology Transfer Considerations for Pharmaceuticals
- Thermal Analysis of Drugs and Drug Products
- Tooling for Tableting
- Trace Level Impurity Analysis
- Transdermal Delivery: Anatomical Site Influence
- Transdermal Delivery: Sonophoresis
- Transdermal Delivery: Technologies
- Ultrasonic Nebulizers
- Unit Processes in Pharmacy: Fundamentals
- Unit Processes in Pharmacy: Operations
- Vaccines and Other Immunological Products
- Validation of Pharmaceutical Processes
- Veterinary Dosage Forms
- Veterinary Pharmaceuticals: Factors Influencing Their Development and Use
- Viral Inactivation Issues in Aseptically Processed Parenterals
- Virtual Screening
- Water for Pharmaceuticals
- Water Sorption of Drugs and Dosage Forms
- Wet Granulation: End-Point Determination and Scale-Up
- World Health Organization (WHO): Global Harmonization of Requirements for Medicinal Products
- Ray Powder Diffractometry
- Zeta Potential
About the AuthorJAMES SWARBRICK is president of PharmaceuTech, Inc., a consulting firm located in Pinehurst, North Carolina. During his more than 40-year career in pharmaceutical science, he has had extensive academic and industrial work experience. He has also served on several compendial and regulatory committees and as a consultant to pharmaceutical companies and organizations in the Americas, Europe, and Australia. From 1993 to early 2006, he was vice president of R&D and then vice president of scientific affairs at AAIPharma in Wilmington, North Carolina. Prior to joining AAIPharma, he was a Professor and Chairman of the Division of Pharmacy at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill School of Pharmacy for 12 years. Other academic positions held include professorships at the University of Connecticut, the University of Sydney in Australia, the University of Southern California, and the dean of the University of London School of Pharmacy. He has also served as Director of Product Development at the Sterling-Winthrop Research Institute, Rensselaer, NY, Visiting Scientist at Astra Laboratories in Sweden, and Visiting Professor of Pharmaceuticals at Shanghai Medical University in China. Other appointments include chair of the USP-NF Joint Panel on Dissolution and Disintegration Testing, and a four-year term as a member (and later chair) of the Food and Drug Administration’s Generic Drugs Advisory Committee (now Pharmaceutical Sciences Advisory Committee). (FDA).
The password of file: webofinfo.com
This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.
Please keep in mind that we do not own copyrights to this book/software/pdf. We are not hosting any copyrighted content on our servers, it’s a catalog of links that are already found on the internet. Webofinfo.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. Check out our DMCA Policy.
If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. We’re sharing this with our audience ONLY for educational purposes and we highly encourage our visitors to purchase original licensed software/Books. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this software/Book, please contact us. immediately. Email us at [email protected]