COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING: This book is written by CH.Sleevamma which you can download freely in pdf format. This book is also read in D Pharmacy first-year course. It is accepted that studying Community Health Nursing is essential for all vocational MPHW students. I am pleased to bring out this book framed according to the state middle-grade vocational education syllabus. Special features of this book are for knowledge and understanding based on the chapters in Introduction to Nursing in Community Health; Nutrition, Hygiene, Psychology, and Sociology are extensively explained. The matter is brief and in a simple way. This will definitely increase the confidence of the students when writing the final exams.
Here the topics are explained based on scientific principles that have changed rapidly in both medicine and science. At the end of each chapter, there are important questions, which are useful for the student. The glossary and reference books should be of great use to both students. I am sure this book will definitely help both students and teachers. I wish to thank the Hyderabad Intermediate Vocational Education Board for giving me the opportunity to write this book.
|Book Name||COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING|
|Author of Book||CH.SLEEVAMMA|
|Category||D Pharmacy 1year|
Overview of (Book name here)According to CH. Sleevamma, “Health is not primarily a matter of doctors, social services, and hospitals. Health is a matter of social justice. There is no time to lose. We have the goal of “Health for all by the year 2000 AD”. This is the call of the world health organization. and India has risen to the challenge. Previously, health care was for those who lived close enough to a hospital or doctor in time of need and who could spend money on drugs and treatment.
Topics of this Edition
Section-A COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
- Community Health Nursing History and Development in India.
- Qualities and functions of community Health Nurse.
- Family Health services.
- School Health programmers.
- Techniques and evaluation
- Equipment and their care
- Reports and Records
- Common ailments & Treatment
Section-B NUTRITION AND HYGIENE
- Introduction to the study of Nutrition, definition, the relation of nutrition to health, relation of other factors of importance for Nutritional Status and health. Classification and functions of foods, bodybuilding, energy-yielding, and protective food.
- Nutrients – Carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals, sources and daily requirements of each, caloric requirements, water, and cellulose.
- Nutritive value of foodstuffs.
- Cereals –fruits – fats and oil.
- Pulses – milk and milk products, sugar.
- Vegetables – egg, meat and fish, condiments, species and
- Enriching subsistence diets with locally available stuff.
- Improvement of diet, selection of foods.
- Nutritional requirements for special groups, vulnerable
- groups, improving maternal nutrition, and child Nutrition.
- Hypertension, diabetes.
- Preparation and preservation of foods
- General principles of cooking
- Methods of cooking, effects of cooking on nutrients and
- common foodstuffs.
- Preservation of foods – household methods, food hygiene,
- simple household measures.
- Malnutrition and undernutrition cause inter-related factors leading to malnutrition, infections, worm infections, and deficiency diseases in the country including vitamin deficiencies.
- Protein – calorie malnutrition, cultural factors in nutrition food, food habits, food adulteration practices injurious to health, nutrition education principles of imparting nutrition knowledge.
- Introduction to hygiene and healthful living
- Concept of health and disease.
- Factors influencing health and healthful living
- Physical Health
- Skincare, cleanliness of clothing.
- Care of the hair, preventive pediculosis
- Dental care and oral hygiene
- Care of hands, care of nails
- Hand washing
- Hygiene of elimination
- Menstrual Hygiene
- Posture, prevention of postural defects
- Exercises, rest, relaxation, and sleep
- Care of the foot
- Care of the eyes, ear, nose, and throat
- Food values – nutritious diet selection preparation and handling of food.
Unit – VII
- The periodic health examination.
- Detection and correction of defects
- Prevention and early treatment of common ailments – common cold, indigestion, constipation, headache.
- Health in the home
- Home as a center for healthful living
- Household measures for disposal of refuse, and waste.
- Latrines, sanitation, ventilation.
- Safety in the home, common home hazards
- Sanitation to animal sheds, insects, and pets.
Unit – VIII
- Mental Hygiene
- Factors contributing to mental health.
- Characteristics of the mentally healthy person.
Section – C PSYCHOLOGY AND SOCIOLOGY
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases if you buy from my given links